Friday, September 2, 2011

I offered you the world, you've offered me neglect

If some one who cares about you more than anyone you know offers you the world and gives you everything they mentally and physically could over some one who only tears you down, would you take it or pass it up? You'd take it. 

So I offered you the world, and you didn't take it. I gave you everything and anything you wanted. I gave you my heart, I gave you my care, I gave you my compassion, I gave you my smile, I gave you my love. What'd you give me? Heartbreak. I can tell you I would never sneak around behind your back and be secretly dating my ex again; I'd have the decency to tell you rather than having them text you being rude. I've been here for you since day one, encouraged you to straighten your life up, I've listened to you vent, I've risked hanging out with you, I've done everything I possibly could to prove to you I care. I compliment you all the time and tell you what you're doing right. When have you ever done anything for me? Maybe you've listened to me complain and made me happy at some point but only to tear me apart. She infected you and turned you into an inconsiderate asshole. You don't know how to own up to your problems and mistakes. You avoid everything wrong and never fix them. You don't know how to speak up and tell people how you feel or don't feel. Sure, you're getting your shit together now but keeping her is only going to screw up the accomplishments you tackled and you're going to go back to the beginning. 

"I feel like our worlds been infected and some how you left me neglected. We found our lives been changed. Babe, you lost me."  




No comments:

Post a Comment